The dev con exploring convergence in DLT / IoT / Big Data / AI
On the 19th and 20th October at Factory Berlin join some of the world’s most important Web 3 protocols and leaders in blockchain, from across The Convergence Stack for a 2-day in-person dev con made up of hacks, exclusive product launches and live demos.
Find all details on the main event website https://diffusion.events, including:
- Agenda including talks and workshops
- Track descriptions
Our Launchpad on GitHub contains links and quickstart instructions for all of the participating technologies:
You can apply for a free place to part of the exclusive event that brings together leading decentralised projects and their tribes, developers, economists, system engineers, enterprise and technical academia connecting to define the next major web cycle.
What are the key benefits of being part of the event?
Build something awesome
Access to and support from industry leaders
Food and drink covered
- Participants: Individuals; Teams; Organizations
- Teams: maximum 5 members
To qualify for consideration by the judges, your submission must use at least one of the technologies of the Convergence Stack:
- Fetch.AI - decentralised digital world in which useful economic activity takes place
- Sovrin - decentralised metasystem for identity
- IOTA - permissionless distributed ledger for a new economy
- Ocean Protocol - a decentralized data exchange protocol to unlock data for AI
- Agoric - secure smart contracts
- SEED - powering the bot economy on blockchain
- OrbitDB (Haja Networks) - decentralised peer to peer databases
- FISSION - Developer tools for next generation hostless apps
- Enigma - secure computation protocol that brings privacy to any kind of computation
- Ethereum - Network for decentralized applications
- Bitcoin - Peer-to-peer electronic cash
- RightMesh - Networking software extending connectivity
- Cosmos - A network of independent, scalable and interoperable blockchains
- FOAM - Crowdsourced mapping and location services
- Chainlink - Delivering trusted data to blockchains
- Golem - Network for shared computing power
- Aragon - Network for open organisations
Or your solution must use at least one of following Diffusion partner technologies. Note that a submission will be regarded more positively by the judges if it also uses one or more of the technologies out of the Convergence Stack.
- Parity Substrate: A framework for building blockchains and spawning decentralised innovation
- DAOStack: operating system for decentralised governance
- iExec: blockchain-based decentralised cloud computing
The only exception to the above technology requirements is the Token Engineering track, where the design challenge is generic, not referring to a specific protocol/technology.
You must supply some visuals of your submission. A video walkthrough is preferred, screenshots are good too.
CEO, Outlier Ventures
Head of Machine-Economy Lighthouse, innogy Innovation Hub
Lead Scientist & Founding Partner, Lunar Ventures (Berlin Innovation Ventures)
Director of Ecosystem, Hyperledger
Director of Partner Management, IOTA Foundation
Developer Advocate, IOTA Foundation
Managing Director, EMEA , Evernym
CEO & Co-founder, Haja Networks
General Partner, Blockwall Management
Founder, Ocean Protocol
Founder & CEO, BigchainDB/ Founder, Ocean Protocol
Dimitri De Jonghe
Ocean Protocol, Head of Research BigchainDB/ Co-Founder at Ocean Protocol
Dr. Georg (Juri) Stricker
Senior Associate, Signature Ventures
Diffusion of innovation: UX and DX
Diffusion is all about the diffusion of innovation - to bring the innovation of all protocols participating in Diffusion 2019 to a wider audience. Within this, there are two main areas we ask judges to consider:
UX: User experience
For projects that build a product that will be used directly by people, e.g. a DApp or a service.
DX: Developer experience
For projects that build an API, tool or component that enable developers to work with the technologies out of the Convergence Stack.
Judges are connected to tracks and will consider the fit of the project with the theme of the track, and any specific rules that track might have. Track details are on the website. Don’t be afraid to ask your track mentors in the track Telegram channel.
It’s important that you clarify how your project will continue to be developed. How is your project still alive in 1, 2, 12… months? That might be a commercial model, and it might be something else like an open source community.
Convergence Stack Mashup
Judges will rate projects to use more than one technology out of the Convergence Stack in a sensible way more highly than projects that build on a single technology.
- Machine Learning/ AI